Yumbox has a huge following of parents who find it the perfect container for BabyLedWeaning. Luckily for us they regularly share their creations on instagram. One of our favourite to follow is @BLWMamaUK who is a true inspiration for feeing her baby nutritionally balanced, fun, lunches.
We had to share this fabulous recipe she posted for homemade cereal bars (perfect for your grain section of the Yumbox). They are easy to make and are popular not just with babies but with bigger kids too (and even in the odd adult if we are honest!)
To make these...
5 Medjool dates (I used organic ones)
70g porridge oats
15g dessicated coconut
1 beaten egg
Coconut oil or unsalted butter for greasing the baking tray
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and grease very lightly with coconut oil.
2. Finely blend the nuts then tip them into a large glass bowl. Add the sultanas, coconut, and porridge oats then stir.
3. Blend the dates into a sticky paste - throw in a handful or two of oats if they start to gum up the blender like mine did.
4. Put the dates into the bowl then using a thumb and forefinger, rub them into the oat mixture as if you were making crumble. Continue until the dates are distributed evenly into the mixture.
5. Stir in the beaten egg.
6. Press the mixture onto the baking tray in a rectangular shape about 2-3cm thick.
7. Bake for 15 minutes at Gas 5, ensuring the egg is cooked.
8. While still warm, slice into finger shapes with a sharp knife. I used a pizza cutter which was the perfect tool for the job.
9. When cooled, peel the cereal bars carefully off the greaseproof paper. I will keep mine for a few days in a sealed Tupperware container... if they last that long!
To see more recipes and inspiration from @BLWMAMAUK check out her blog here